Some early pre-vis renders of the in development set:
Initial Colour Tests (which I'm very glad we didn't have to stick with):
Final pre-vis renders:
The completed live-action set, and final set blueprints. The set itself ended up being huge at over 30 meters across. As we needed the CG set I was creating to be as accurate as possible as it would be used for rendering things like shadows onto the live-action plates I needed to make sure I had accurate measurements. I went down to the set for a day and using a laser measure, triangulated from as many objects with sharp corners as I could. I used these measurements in combination with the set plans to build the set from splines in Maya.
Completed accurate build of the CG set: