Dinamo - Iconicles Season 1 Pre-Production

It's been awhile since I've updated this blog, as for the past year and a half I've been working at Dinamo Productions on two kids TV shows - Iconicles & Abadas. As I've now finished at Dinamo, I think it's about time I tided this blog up and put up some of the work I've been doing.

When I started working at Dinamo Iconicles was still in preproduction, with the design of the set not yet done an few of the scripts finalised. Myself and another artist worked with the set-designer on pre-vising the set and the iconiscreen (the magic screen the iconicles travel through) as well as tests for props we thought would be needed based on the scripts we had.

The first tests I did were two different techniques for doing dynamic jelly.

The first is an nCloth dynamic simulation, which worked well for the interactions between the cubes, but less well for the actual wobble.

The second is a soft body and spring simulation, which gave great wobble but less interactions between the cubes.

This was as far as the tests ever went as the scripts changed, a blend of the two would have probably worked best for simulating jelly though with the soft-bodies & springs driving the main wobble & the nCloth driving the stickiness between the jelly cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment