TDU Lighting Course Week 3

Integrating a CG digital camera to an existing plate.

I'll update this post with my progress integrating the CG camera onto the backplate using Arnold. This is my first time using Arnold, but so far coming from Mentalray I'm finding it very quick and intuitive to pick up.

Pass 1:

Initial arealight for window.



Added HDRI to domelight.

Tweak light exposure and add reflections.

Temporarily disabled main lights to add bounce planes
and fill lights. Aligned reflection catcher with frog eye.

All lights on.

Enlarged window area light and angled it slightly more to soften and
shorten the shadow.

Pass 2:




Started to add shaders and textures.













Added further details and added chrome shader. Added Fresnel and
scratch/scuff map to frogs eye.
Close up detail of textures, added coloured ramp via facing-ratio to
camera lens to simulate lens coating.
Added red body textures and details - I may need to pull the colour
down a bit as it looks over-saturated in render.
Lowered saturation a notch and lowered the reflectance at normal to
 subdue the colours. Added light scuffs to camera corners and edges.
I'm pretty happy with the textures now, I may still need to tweak the colour
and shaders a little bit though - tomorrow I need to setup my AOVs, render and
comp my final image so lots still to do!


















Pass 3:



I wasn't quite happy with my shaders, so tweaked the red metal to have higher
specular (took me awhile to realise in Arnold that reflection is always perfect,
and you need to use specular for glossy reflections), as well as introducing anisotropic
BDRF. 


Final shaders - I'm happy enough by this point, and any further tweaks I'll
make during the comp.




Pass 4 (Submission):

My submitted image for week 3.

















Pass 5 (Feedback amends):

My final image for the week including amends recommended during critique.

No comments:

Post a Comment